This is what your Vehicle needs to enter one of our events , It may seem complicated but it really isn’t.
It’s all basic stuff to ensure you have a safe , fun day on the track , If you’re unsure just email us and we can help you out.
– All Vehicles to have a current Warrant of Fitness and Registration , or
– Have a Motorsport New Zealand Log Book , or
– Vehicles not meeting either of the above requirements may still be permitted to enter at the sole descretion of the Event Manager ( Email Us )
– Open Top Vehicles are required to have a Rollbar fitted
– This must have 50mm clearance from the top of the drivers helmet when seated to a line directly from the top of the rollbar to the top of the windscreen.
– A non-homologated rollbar is permitted provided it is of suitable construction and the vehicle has a current WOF and Registration.
– If the vehicle is not road registered the rollbar must be Homologated by Motorsport NZ.
– Fitting of a Hardtop has no bearing on this rule , you still need to meet the clearance to the rollbar with a hardtop on.
– Vehicles with Targa Tops are permitted but the removable tops must remain fitted at all times.
– All Vehicles to be fitted with a 1kg ( minimum ) Dry Powder Fire Extinguisher , within reach of the drivers seated position
– Extinguishers to have a Metal Mounting Bracket with Two (2) x Metal Straps
– Mounting Brackets to be securely fastened to the vehicle with a minimum of two(2) ISO 8.8 M6 bolts with panel washers and Nylok Nuts.
The requirement to fit a Fire Extinguisher May be waived in certain cases , This will be at the sole discretion of the Event Manager , ie. Luxury / Exotic Vehicles.( You must check with us in advance )
– All Vehicles are to have Tyres with a minimum of 1.5mm Tread Depth across a minimum of 3/4 of the tread width.
– DOT Rated Semi-Slick Tyres are acceptable.
– NO Full Slicks will be allowed except at the discretion of the Event Manager.
All Vehicles are to comply with the 95 decibel track side noise limit – No Exceptions !
All Vehicles will be subject to a Pre-Event Safety Check comprising the following…
– Seat mounts Secure
– Steering Wheel Secure and No Play
– Seatbelts Secure and Functioning as Designed
– Firewall Complete with no Holes
– Throttle Return Spring is Functioning
– Battery Positive terminal is covered
– Battery is Securely Mounted
– Helmet and Overalls
– Vehicle is clear of loose items